My Opinion about Lumia 710


           In May 2012, I got a new phone bought by my brother for my birthday present (though my b-day already passed so far), and I asked him to bought a Nokia Lumia 710 for my birthday present instead of BB. Things I like and be big reasons why I choose that phone instead other phone is its different. I like to try something new and different, when many peoples choose iOS, Android, etc. I choose nokia L710 because of its new OS Windows Phone. For me WP provide me different kind of phone, because it came with metro UI and Live Tiles. About three months has passed after I own my L710, and I thought I would like to share you what I think about this phone.


          1. Built-in Office
                 Office apps is a must-have apps for any smartphone on the market today. Think about buy a smartphone without ability to work with office document, it will feel like buying a basic phone in a high price. The built in office mobile on this phone is help me enough to save my time for searching office apps on the net (I remember that I should download an Office app to open documents on my old phone). The office mobile on this phone is easy to use, and it open PPT document on its full format, but I thought it will not show you the full transition effect, especially if you saved your file in Office 2010. I have no idea why it couldn't show the full transition effect (especially Office 2010 effect, it has awesome ones), may built-in office mobile is based on office 2007 ? I don't think so ! I checked its version number and it shows v14.5 (while Office 2010 is v14.0), but why it can't show full feature? Oh I see, it's a mobile version, lol :P

           2. Gaming performance
               Another reasons for me to buy WP device is its gaming feature and yes I got it on my phone, -Xbox Live feature. There much HD games that runs sooo smoothly on my L710 (also on other WP devices). I ever felt a bit upset about three physical buttons on the bottom of the screen, cause it feels like old nokia phone, BUT I know why they make it that. Some says L710 is designated for mobile gaming uses, so the physical buttons will prevent you from accidentally hit that button while playing game. I heard a bit that some L800 users touch theirs buttons accidentally while playing a game and it make their game quit accidentally (yes, on of the button is "back" that could mean quit/exit :P). Though Xbox Live still not supported on my region, but I could still accesses it by registering my ID to US region (unfortunately I couldn't purchase a game cause of it). There are some many great games I like and some of it is freemium Xbox live games. check it out on My Favourite Games on Windows Phone.

          3. NO! The WP Summit Ruined My experiences
              This is a very very great news that really make me annoyed, disappointed, ignored. Yes, in 20 June 2012, MSFT held an event to tell public the future of Windows Phone. At first I read (I read in a site that show instant update every second) I feel so pleased that WP8 will bring much feature, BUT after I heard that current gen of WP7 (also mine) will NOT get an upgrade to WP8, and it will stuck only at WP7.8, I feel much much disappointed. That is very bad news for current gen owner, because their device will become legacy after WP8 released on October this years. I can't tell how the L900 owners' fell, especially for those who bought it at full price (without operator's contract). Oke, oke, I can forget my disappointment after I know that it's hardware relative that not bring the update, but I still have a wishlist about brings WP8 feature that doesn't require hardware to WP7.8.

That's just my opinion so don't blame me if it so subjective, because back to its title - My Opinion. There are still many thing I wanted to share you about L710, but I don't know the best way to write it on English (that's not my mother language), and about the WP Developer Summit, you can read it here - No Windows Phone 8 Upgrade for Current Windows Phone

0 comments:

Post a Comment